Where to find eco, ethical, sustainable yoga clothing.
A classic button down shirt is a wardrobe staple. Boyfriend style or fitted, it can be worn anywhere and styled to accommodate any personality.
1. Meghan - Understated and stylishly simple, pairing a button down with jeans or a simple trousers is a classic look that will always work. The recycled leather bag is a classic style that would be worn well with any look. Available from PaperThinks
2. J. Law - A little bit of boho flair makes this look charming and approachable. We recommend a fitted shirt with a tuck or half tuck of the shirt to keep the volume slimmer. These wool culottes sold by Cooperativa are an easy item to style and make a good canvas to build a variety of looks.
3. Poppy - Bright contrasting colors are an immediate pick me up and attention-getter. 2forjoy has a selection of fantastic sustainable wardrobe building items including full skirts.
4. Gal - A pencil skirt is another wardrobe staple and pairing these two basics with some metallic shoes and accessories elevates the look from basic to breathtaking. This Sseko cow horn bangle is a stylish decoration for the arm.
5. Kristen - Earth tones and nature inspired accessories make are what make this look so down-to-earth, without sacrificing style. The suede skirt is by R. M. Williams, a specialty boot maker from Down Under.
Brightly coloured trousers are easy to work into a versatile wardrobe. Here are some fun ways to style them.
1. Midwest Comfortable and casual but still stylish. A sweatshirt can get dressed up with the right accessories. This Claire V. clutch is a perfect compliment.
2. Southeast I'm not normally a fan of printed t-shirts but an occasional positive message works for a busy day outfit. Recycled and recyclable vegan flats from Rothys add a little but of edge to this look.
3. Northeast This FAIR+true blouse is a delightful take on a button down. It'll dress up any look.
4. Northwest A open cardigan is a wardrobe staple that works as an added layer for any look. Matt&Nat's vegan bags are a classic accompaniment.
5. Southeast Easy, breezy, a white tunic top is another wardrobe staple that works with so many looks. A pair of long necklaces like these from Baroni designs put some polish on this casual ensemble.
Knit skirt? Yes, please!
1. A Little Bit of Country A white t-shirt is always the answer, regardless of the question. Adding some ankle boots make for a casual look that is comfortable too.
2. Japanoise This kimono influenced jacket would look great over skirt. Add a belt and some knee high boots to up the wow factor.
3. A Little Bit of Rock n'Roll A shimmery blazer can work with a huge variety of looks, from a good pair of jeans to a tight knit skirt. The added sparkle means this look works just as well for the office as it does for a night out.
4. Classic Basic hues and clean lines don't need to be boring. Use some fum accessories to up the fun factor on basic pieces.
5. EDM (Essential Design in Metallic) All that glitters may not be gold but adding a little gold to your look can certainly make you look glorious.
Luxurious and sustainable at the same time, these pieces from Cooperativa are flirty and fun. All of the items on their site are made by South American designers, many of whom are reviving or continuing traditional crafts and cultural aesthetics.
We styled this look for a night out, combining pieces from 4 different designers that are available in the site. It was hard to choose from all of the many wonderful pieces so look for another set in the furture.
Not sure what else to do with that top? Here are some ideas that will take you from end of summer into fall.
1. North East
Perfect for those evenings on the East Coast beaches that are starting to cool off. Floaty culottes keep the summer feeling while a scarf add an extra layer of warmth and style.
2. Pacific Northwest
A great look for going from the coffee shop to the farmer's market.
Summery shorts are a great match for this top, especially when paired with some glittering accessories that help you express your inner diva.
4. South of the Border
No better way yo keep those summer feelings flowing than to embrace colour, and lots of it!
Simple but not boring, this look includes a collection of some staple pieces that will be a slow-fashion closet's best friends.
This stunning dress by TAIBOBACAR is an alluring combination of print and detailed lace. We styled is in two ways demonstrating how the dress can be a versatile addition to a work or socializing wardrobe.
The dress is available on Onychek.com. We were excited to find this well-curated site that sells luxury fashion from African designers and producers with a mission to promote craftsmanship, preserve culture, and positively impact makers in Africa.
Every week, ToLoveStyle brings you style inspiration on how to wear wardrobe basics. We believe that versatility is the key to a functional, healthy, sustainable wardrobe. We hope the 5 ways to wear series can help inspire new combinations. As a subscription service, TLS will create personalized looks for you with the clothes that are already in your closet.
1. Matchy-Matcy It is never the wrong answer to pair matching separates. It looks sophisticated, coordinated, and totally boss. Just make sure not to let the accessories get too busy.
2. Simplicity Rules A simple white shirt should be the staple of every wardrobe. Dressing it up with glimmering bright compliments elevates the look from 'Plain Jane' to 'Doin' It Diva'.
3. Pretty Preppy A color block cardigan will always give off a little NE vibe but partnered with a printed skirt, it tells an entirely different story.
4. Colder Shoulder The trend doesn't seem to be going any where so why not liven it up with some creative colour?
5. Regal Ruffles When this look walks into any room, everyone will be ready to pay close attention to the goddess drifting into their vision.
Looking for some personal recommendations on how to squeeze more style out of your current clothing collection? Send us a message and we will be elated to let you know more about our virtual personal styling subscription service.
1. The Isolde - Colourful, functional, and fun. This look combines contrasting colours to make a flirtatious ensemble that works well for a desk to dinner look.
2. The Calliope - Feminine, classic, and versatile. Adding neutral accessories keeps the dress the main focal point of the look, whether you are wearing it to a party, date or just for shopping.
3. TheJuno - Layered, bold, and unconventional. That old rule that you can't belt a sweater, that one is out. Throw on a cardigan, add a belt or sash for silhouette enhancing and sashay your way through the day.
4. The Oya - Simple, easy, and practical. On a hot summer day, nothing could be easier than throwing on a dress and very little else.
5. The Lorelei - Unpredictable, original, and fetching. A short dress over jeans is a great way to transition the pieces when the temperatures fall.
We find the key to embracing a slow fashion lifestyle is to look for key pieces that are highly versatile and can be used in multiple ways like this garment from Siizu. The soft navy linen works well through multiple seasons whether is is worn as a dress or a jacket.
1. 50/50 Print
Black and White doesn't need to mean basic. Simple prints work well to add some spice to a wardrobe.
2. Mostly white
Forget about the LBD, a LWD is equally functional and looks great as the base for a B&W ensemble.
Classic and always in style, simple stripes are a staple for adding a little visual interest into a look.
4. 80/20 Print
Instead of all black, a splash of a white infuses a bit of freshness into the look.
5. Mostly black
Pairing a black outfit with white accents makes the accessories pop even more.
1 - Baby Shower
Monochromatic accessories let the print shine and you focus on the fun.
2 - Work
Tights and boots not only add warmth but make the dress transition to a more office appropriate style so you can get down to the business at hand.
3- Beach Party
Matching a vivid print with a natural straw bag and sandals makes is ready for any outdoor activity at the beach, the park, or a picnic.
4 - Gallery Opening
Metallic accessories add a bit of pizzazz so the art won't be the only thing people appreciate.
Neutrals make a great accompaniment to a visually interesting print for a fun get-together where style is on the menu.